Community Education at Parador
We at Parador aim to operate a world-class sustainable resort that not only respects our natural and cultural surroundings, but strives to improve and enhance the relationship between our hotel and the community, our property and the fragile environment in which we reside.
One part of this is our strong commitment to community education, starting with Parador employees, their families and extending to local residents and guests.
Take a look at our education programs:
- Parador facilitates onsite learning for employees in various areas including ethical principles, customer service and protocol, etiquette and leadership
- The resort invites representatives from social and government agencies such as police, fire department and red cross to teach workshops for employees
- We hold workshops in our hotel for staff and local residents addressing such prevalent health issues as dengue fever, breast cancer and cervical cancer
- Parador sponsors seminars and training for prospective employees and employee family members including English language classes
- Unlike other resorts in the country, we will hire untrained local residents and employee family members and provide them with specialty training, free of charge
- Parador offers one week to six month internship programs for local students from Quepos and other surrounding rural areas; enrolled students are trained and provided free meals and accommodations
- We host high school classes at our property for an “Introduction to the World of Sustainability” lesson that includes a tour of the property, highlighting our sustainability initiatives
- For past eight years, have worked with the Titi Conservation to teach environmental awareness in elementary schools